What Reiki is and how it can be seen as “an elevated form of prayer.”
The connections between Eastern and Western healing modalities.
The conditions that lead to change. Boonie: “When you sit with the discomfort, you will change…you will grow.” Rachel: “When you tell the truth, the truth changes.”
The tendency for humans to not want to face our shadow selves because it can feel scary to feel vulnerable in that way.
How sometimes “slow is fast.”
How personal growth is more like a spiral than a straight line.
The importance of boundaries in the context of healing relationships
How sometimes silence can be the most healing thing of all.
If you appreciate our content, please consider DONATING A CUP OF KO-FI <3 It helps us produce better content, and edit audio more fluidly. Thank you so much.
- Learn about Reiki – Impart Wellness Center
- Eastern Body, Western Mind – Book recommendation to learn about Eastern Philosophy & Western Psychology
- Research on the Benefits of Yoga – Yoga Alliance Foundation
- The Important of the Relationship in Therapy – Psychology Today
- The Stages of Change – Very Well Mind (NOTE that it is not only for addiction. It can be applied to all changes, and we jump from stage to stage in cycles, across the lifespan)
Disclaimer: Our conversations in Sparkles Podcast are not to be used in lieu of psychotherapy, and we’re not offering professional advice; we’re sharing our personal thoughts and opinions. Please feel free to disagree and seek out other views, because you are the expert of you.